Orange: The Helpful Color

March 8, 2015

I wanted to start this post off with an ‘orange’ pun but good luck with that. Instead I’ll use this… The orange sees the tomato on the counter and says, “Hey, tomato, it’s good to see you again. I was hoping we could catch up.”

Get it?

“Catch up”?

“Tomato”?

“Tomato catch up”?

If you have an orange pun please share it with me!

This week’s photo prompt from The Daily Post at WordPress is from Michelle W. who loves the color orange and alliteration and who used the only orange pun I know.

This week, share a group of photos where orange is either the dominant color, or provides a bold highlight. Shoot for at least three photos, and look for different shades — bright neons, deep rusts, delicate peaches.

Even though it works the way it is, the caption on the sixth picture should have been that it helps ‘quiet’ noisy children but this is my first time working with a gallery/slideshow and I couldn’t find a way to edit the text on the photos.

Please click on this link. It’ll take you to the main photo prompt page where you can see other entries by other photographers. People who, unlike me, really know what to do with a camera. Trust me, if you have even a passing preoccupation, however paltry or piddling, in the pastime of photography you’ll enjoy perusing the pictures from these proficient people.

(Photos and alliteration: two prompts in one!)

And here’s the direct link to this week’s challenge.

1. March 8, 2015 1:04 pm

Orange your photos so appealing!

janet

Liked by 1 person

2. March 8, 2015 1:11 pm

Orange you just so clever!

Liked by 1 person

3. March 8, 2015 1:23 pm

ORANGE you glad I thought of a few JUICY orange puns for you? I am enjoying en-NAVELing you on this SECTION of your blog. I WEDGEd this in there by the SKIN of my teeth because I SEED you needed help (or is it C’d, as in the Vitamin?) Hope I put a little TANG in your day with my PITHY wordplay 😉

Liked by 1 person

4. March 14, 2015 2:42 am

A young self-styled entrpreneur, Jack-the Lad, just starting out in his own business, with no real business plan other than “If the customer wants it, I’ll get it for him at a good price.”
    Business began to grow, and as he was most of the time out of the “office” collecting and epdelivering, Jack needed staff to man the phones. As a small business, he couldn’t afford to pay the going wages for a telephone receptionist, so he hired a simpleton.
    One early afternoon, he got back to the office to find a note from his receptionist: ‘Dave, fruit shop, orangutan’.
    “Well, maybe Dave’s goin’ to do some fruit promotion” he thought.
    So off around the cirpty, looking for an orangutan for Dave’s probable budget. Finally he gets to a dingy, back-street pet shop, something out of a horror movie. Sure enough, he was able to buy the flea-bitten, dusty, mangey, angry orangutan, chained it down the far end of the back of the van, and heads to Dave.
    “What the hell is this then?” Dave screamed. “Where’s my bleeding oranges then?”

5. March 14, 2015 2:44 am

… Continued…
    Jack shows him the note: ‘Dave, fruit shop, orangatan’
    Dave yelled
    “Jaysus, Jack, I said- oranges, a ton of ’em!”

Liked by 1 person

• Michael B. Fishman permalink*
      March 15, 2015 5:49 am

🙂 Thank you for the Sunday morning smile!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )