Big Brother

July 6, 2012

I was just looking at the cast for the new season of Big Brother and based on appearances and occupations only, I pretty much hate everyone already. That’s nothing new for me, I pretty start out every season by hating everyone and if I’m lucky, by about the 2nd week, I’ve found someone I can enjoy following. If I can’t it’s no big deal because I don’t watch Big Brother to fall in love with a player, I watch Big Brother to see how human nature plays out over the course of a couple of months of complete isolation and lack of privacy and to see how low-down, slimy, nasty and evil these people will go to win some money. And not even a lot of money. Nice chunks of money, yes, but certainly not enough to retire on. I do enjoy the game strategizing but that takes a backseat to the backstabbing, whining and conniving. Also, I really like hating the players.

So CBS, what’s the deal with only one person of color in the cast? You’ve got 12 players and room for only one African American woman? Come on. And as someone obviously outside of your demographic, I have to complain once again this season about the lack of any older players in the house. This season the oldest player is an ancient 41. Don’t you know that players in their 50’s and 60’s can also act like unholy goofballs in front of a camera just as well as a bunch of 20-somethings? I suppose it’s the swimsuits, huh?

I’ve got other complaints about the show but since we’re still six days away from the premiere I should probably hold my grumbling at least until there’s something to grumble about. Or at least wait until the show has started.

Anyone else a fan of CBS’s Big Brother?

1. Sherece permalink
    July 6, 2012 5:11 pm

From what I recall, you tend to like the players most everyone else dislikes! Will this season be different?? 😉

July 7, 2012 7:00 am

Probably not! Are you voting on the returning houseguests on the CBS webpage? Thankfully Evil Dick and Ratalie are out of the competition. Now I need Kaysar, Father Dan and Howie to fall and then we can get Dr. Will and Mike Boogie back in!

I forgot to mention Jeff. It looks like he’s leading the pack to return 😦 That’s all right, Dr. Will will make short work of him!

• Sherece permalink
        July 8, 2012 1:50 pm

I hadn’t been voting. I wasn’t aware there was an ongoing contest. Do the viewers really get to decide? I’ve read articles over the years where many of the former houseguests say they would never do it again. I suppose if the $$$$ was right, anyone might be persuaded to return, though!

I thought Jeff and Jordan had some new show coming up where they drive across the country or something. So, I can’t imagine it would be them. Unless that show isn’t live. Maybe it’s already taped.

Hhhmmm…. CBS is so creative in their attempts at new programming ideas, ‘eh? I don’t really like it when the veterans get to come back. I like it when everyone starts with a fresh, clean slate and we get to learn all about them at the same time. Just four more days!

July 9, 2012 3:29 pm

My guess is you’re right and the vets have already been decided and this is just a way to generate some pre-show buzz along with more hits to the CBS website. This is where you can vote. http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/vote/ Dr. Will is out and it looks like Janelle and Jeff will be in which means I probably won’t watch the show. I don’t like vets coming back either, but if vets are going to come back I at least want them to be the ones I used to like and I’m not going to spend half a week with either of those two.

2. July 6, 2012 8:57 pm

Reality shows aren’t my favorites, but if one of the other family members like the show, I will probably get sucked in. I have that kind of way about me. If the TV turns on, I zone.

July 7, 2012 7:02 am

They’re addicting, aren’t they? I always say I’m only going to watch the first show to see who’s playing the game and then something happens and I have to go back for more!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )