Bristol Palin bows out with grace

November 24, 2010

If you’re looking for grace and humility, look no further than Bristol Palin. Charm, class, conceit and attitude. The total package. Bristol’s comment before going on to lose on Dancing with the Stars:

Going out there and winning this would mean a lot. It would be like a big middle finger to all the people out there who hate my mom and hate me.

I’m not sure what makes Bristol a star, but I think I have an idea what makes her a brat.

1. Fordy permalink
    November 24, 2010 11:42 am

ROFLMAO! I love your closing line there.

2. November 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Whoa….Bristol tells all huh?

November 25, 2010 5:40 am

She sure does! You’re either with her, or against her!

3. November 24, 2010 2:17 pm

Well said. I was so relieved that Jennifer won last night despite the best efforts of Sarah Palin’s right wing cronies trying to turn DWTS into a political statement. At least Jennifer worked hard for it through surgery before the show and dancing through the pain of injuries during the course of the show’s run. I can only feel sorry for Brandy who also deserved to win on the merit of her dancing as did Kyle who although not as good as Brandy and Jennifer was at least entertaining and enthusiastic which was the opposite of Bristol’s wooden, two left feet performances. She should have gone early to mid run of shows instead of lasting long enough to push out other more deserving actual celebrities known for other things than being Sarah Palin’s do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do unwed, single Mom daughter, famous (or is it infamous?) for only those things and not any perceivable sports, acting, singing or other entertainment talent. If only America would let these talent shows (American Idol, DWTS, SYTYCD, etc.) and their stable of contestants be judged on the merit of their talent alone and not the baggage they come with or their underdog status or other the need of the Bible Belt or other Political interest groups to hijack the contest to support their cause, be it not letting an openly gay Adam Lambert win Idol even though he was miles ahead of everyone else talentwise, or letting a young girl represent the political right’s backlash against the Democrats who were elected when they weren’t and who are being vilified for not beiong able to cure all the ills that the Bush administration got America into while they were the ones in power. (coming up for air after such a looong run on sentence, LOL) I say give reality TV’s temporary entertainment escape back to those who enjoy the show and the entertainment they provide and quit using these shows for a platform to push whatever political agenda suits the needs of those with an ax to grind.

November 25, 2010 5:39 am

It doesn’t bother me that Bristol is a single mom, but it says something about the state of reality TV when the definition of a “Star” is defined as the daughter of a media creation. What has Bristol ever done to be a star or celebrity? Hey, maybe Sarah can compete on ‘Reading With the Stars’ where everyone talks about the books, newspapers and magazines they (don’t) read? I was a Kris fan so Adam losing AI wasn’t a big deal to me 🙂

4. Sherece permalink
    November 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Hey – I liked Bristol over Brandy! It’s just like American Idol – the ones who are cocky and arrogant lose their appeal with me. Brandy thought she was going to win the competition very early on. I don’t see Bristol as a brat or conceited, do you? Really? She didn’t start sticking up for herself until the past couple weeks when she was singled out in the media. DWTS, just like AI, is not just about talent. It’s about whether or not they have likeability too. Sure, Brandy was a better dancer, but was she a nicer person?

P.S. – I didn’t vote after any episode all season this year, but I was pulling for Jennifer Grey since week one.

November 25, 2010 5:33 am

I don’t watch the show and just saw her comment on the news. But yeah, I thought it was a lousy thing to say and something a classless spoiled brat would say. I don’t support or agree with the hate mail she got with death threats and white powder, but the bottom line for me is the only reason she was on the show, and in the spotlight and on television at all, is because of her last name and she can’t have it both ways. If she wants the fame then the garbage goes along with it. If she doesn’t want the garbage then she can remove herself from the spotlight and stay home. She made the choice to stand in the spotlight so she can keep her middle finger to herself.

5. November 24, 2010 10:34 pm

Yeah….I don’t even watch that show at all but I did watch some of the interview stuff today just to see for myself. I am so sick of people who are famous for being famous, its ridiculous.

November 25, 2010 5:27 am

I don’t watch the show either and just saw the comment on the news. It was a lousy thing to say, IMO, and I’m watching it thinking “Who is Bristol Palin and why should I care and why is she on the news?”

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )