I’m a little upset

November 17, 2010

Day 17 of NaBloPoMo and I was thinking about things to blog on when I got sidetracked thinking about the word “blog” and how it sounds funny. It’s not as much fun to say as “NaBloPoMo”, but it’s close. I’m thinking about how a lot of words – even common words – sound funny if you say them over and over a bunch of times and the next thing I know, I hear a news story blasting out over the airwaves that shocked me back to reality and really upset me.

A little background. I’m not an overly demanding person. I don’t ask for much and I don’t expect much. I’m humble. Loveable. Remember Underdog? Yeah. I’m pretty much a, I don’t know, salt of the earth type guy. I’ve really only dreamt of one thing for the last 25 years and that is to be named People Magazine’s “Sexiest Man Alive”. I’m not looking for repeat selections like some on the list, I don’t seek that type of glory, I’m just looking for that one-time recognition.

I get it that I’m not Brad Pitt or Richard Gere, but Mark Harmon and Nick Nolte? Come on. If you’re going to recognize them, give a look over this way, People Magazine! I’d even question Patrick Swayze and Pierce Brosnan. And Sean Connery, has he been sexy since James Bond? And Ben Affleck… oh, stop, don’t get me started.

To make the whole thing worse, and more upsetting, I’ve never even heard of this year’s winner, Ryan Reynolds. I had to Google him just to find out the reason I’ve never heard of him is because I haven’t seen anything he’s done.

I’m sorry, but People Magazine dropped the ball on this one.

Oh well, I’ll keep trying. There’s always 2011.

1. CELT permalink
    November 17, 2010 12:58 pm

Don’t question Patrick Swayze or Pierce Brosnan, Michael. Patrick Swayze was HOT and I had more than one fantasy about him taking me on a trip around the dance floor Dirty Dancing style 😉 And Pierce?! Are you kidding?! I’ve been drooling over his Irish Ass for years, LOL. He WAS MY Bond and for the record, his Bond Movies are the ONLY Bond movies I absolutely love and watch again and again. Gee I wonder why this is? He’s sexy enough to demand attention since his days as Remington Steele. He’s always looked scrumptous in a tux! Guess you have to be a woman to understand what constitutes sexy in a man but don’t give up hope Michael. You are more the type of man a woman can aspire to snagging for the long run and not just for a few fleeting fantasies. Looks fade but a self described “salt of the earth” kind of guy is what every gal wants.

2. November 17, 2010 1:11 pm

…oh what do People Magazine know…

November 17, 2010 3:15 pm

That’s what I wanted to hear 🙂

3. November 17, 2010 1:11 pm

This made me laugh a little, I admit. As much as I am sure you deserve this honor, I have to answer one question you asked.
    Yes on Sean Connery. Yes in his James Bond years, maybe even more so now. I don’t know exactly why, but it is the same reason that Patrick Stewart has.

November 17, 2010 3:16 pm

I’ve settled down some now and can look at a little more objectively, even though the hurt from People Magazine is still there, and I can see Sean Connery. Both young Sean and old Sean. I’m not budging on Ben Affleck though!

• November 18, 2010 1:16 pm

Ben Affleck is pretty boy candy-sweet… which for me means “blech”.

Not my style… but Sean.. yum

4. November 17, 2010 1:21 pm

Mmmm, Ryan Reynolds. So good-looking, so funny, so bad at choosing movie projects.

November 17, 2010 3:17 pm

Is he a good actor? I thought maybe I’d seen him in something, but nope.

• November 18, 2010 1:16 pm

He is doing the upcoming Green Lantern movie… and he was in the movie Waiting, which is funny

5. November 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Are you kidding? I think you must be kidding.

November 20, 2010 7:55 am

Do I strike you as a kidder, Sarah? 😉

6. November 17, 2010 6:54 pm

Ryan Reynolds. Mmm…

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )