Thank you, lazy brushers!

November 14, 2010

Thank you, lazy brushers. No, I’m not here to lecture you on dental hygiene, although I’m sure you’ll agree that dental hygiene is important. I’m here to thank the drivers who are too busy to take the extra thirty seconds required to brush snow off the roof of their cars.

I’m talking about these drivers:

I know, we’re all in a hurry to get places and that extra thirty seconds it takes to brush the snow off the roof of the car is important. I recognize that need for time and I’m not here to criticize you. No, I’m here to thank you because it’s really a boatload of fun driving behind you. With the dry, dusty snow we get during the coldest days of winter, you make the driving experience for people behind you like driving in a virtual snow globe. What could be more fun than that? Driving on the highway at 55 miles per hour and not being able to see thirty feet in front of you because of the blizzard coming off the back of your car. Someone should sell tickets to a fun-filled experience like that. And with the heavy, wet snow, the type of snow we had yesterday, what could be more fun while driving behind you than pretending we’re back in 1980 playing Asteroids as we dodge the clumps of snow flying off your roof? Again, someone’s missing an opportunity here because you can’t buy that type of fun just anywhere.

So, to all the lazy brushers, thank you. We’ve got about five more months of this to look forward to.

And since I’m talking about cars, if anyone has one like this laying around and doesn’t want it anymore, I’d take it.

Now, who wants to talk about flossing?

1. November 14, 2010 12:50 pm

People who don’t clean off their cars should get stopped by the police, ticketed and made to clean the cars in the middle of the street!

What year is that car? I had a 1966 Malibu that I inherited from my Sister when I was a teenager. You could fit about 14 people in it, and another 10 in the trunk to go to the drive-in! Mine was dark blue. Wish I still had that thing.
    mo

2. Michael Fishman permalink
    November 15, 2010 6:39 am

In the middle of the street and then forced to haul the snow away! The Nova isn’t mine and I think that picture is of a ’70. But I’d take pretty much any year that anyone wanted to give me! Drive-ins were great and it’s nice to know someone else who remembers them

3. November 15, 2010 8:08 am

I’m shopping for a car right now and since we’re not in snow-mode yet here, it never occurred to me that I need to make sure I get one where I can REACH the center of the roof to get all the snow off (I’m 5’1″ with tyrannosaurus arms). Now I’ll have to go back and test that out before I buy anything. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and my condolences for the amount of snow you have already.

November 15, 2010 11:35 am

Well, it’s Minnesota and we get snow, but thank you! You could maybe get a long snow brush with a broom-type end? Or else if that doesn’t work maybe just drive around the block really fast to clear off the snow before going on the highway? 😉

4. November 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Wait…you already have snow there? If that much snow was on top of a car here, well, the whole state would be shut down. Stay safe out there.

November 16, 2010 7:04 am

Yeah, like about 10″ where I live. The roads are all good now because they’re plowed, but on Saturday morning it was pretty bad. Don’t you all start shutting the state down with just a forecast of snow? 😉

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )